3 WAYS TO REDUCE COMPANY VEHICLE OPERATING COSTS
Whether you have 3 company cars or a fleet of 300 pick-up trucks, your company’s bottom line is affected by well how you manage your vehicle operating costs. Many larger companies have fleet managers that oversee the purchasing, repair and maintenance of their business fleet. But what about the small business owner?
At Auto Lab in Libertyville, our fleet automotive repair and maintenance services are designed for smaller businesses. We will help you reduce your costs and maximize your time.
- What Do our Existing Fleet Clients Have to Say?
- How to Manage your Business Vehicle Costs
- Why Choose Auto Lab for Your Fleet Repairs and Maintenance?
Words from Our Fleet Clients
What do our existing fleet clients have to say?
“I trust Auto Lab to make the right decision for my vehicles. How many mechanics can you rely on and trust and know they’re going to do you right? If you want it done right the first time, Kevin and Sherman are the people to talk to.”
—James Neal – Rainbow International of Northern Cook and Lake County
“They are honest and reliable, do a complete job and stand behind their work.”
—Scott Mackey – Mackey Landscapes, Inc.
How to Manage your Business Vehicle Costs
Here are some tips for minimizing the operating costs of your vehicle fleet:
1. Purchasing – Should you lease or buy? is a question that many business owners have. Consulting with your accountant will help you make the right decision for your situation. A Car Lease Calculator will help you compare costs, and your accountant can help you understand how much each decision means to your bottom line.
2. Outsourcing Auto Maintenance and Repair – The easiest way to reduce operating costs is to prevent breakdowns and unexpected repairs by following a preventive maintenance schedule. The repair shop you choose should make this easier for you by:
- Understanding your budget and setting up a maintenance schedule that will keep your vehicles safe and reliable based on vehicle use and the miles driven.
- Setting up reminders that make it easy for you to get the work done on schedule.
- Offering loaner or rental vehicles so your business can continue to operate while company vehicles are being serviced.
- Provide records of your service visits so you can track your costs.
3. Knowing the Best Time for Vehicle Replacement – Sometimes an expensive repair isn’t in your best interest. Your repair shop should understand the business issues of total operating costs, depreciation and residual value of the vehicle so they can make cost-effective recommendations based on your needs.
Your Partner at Auto Lab
At Auto Lab, we partner with you and your business to help you manage your company vehicle operating costs. We offer small business owners:
- Priority service to save time.
- Loaner vehicles to keep your business running smoothly.
- Reminders via phone, email and postcard.
- A 30-day payment option.
- A 3-year/36,000-mile warranty.
Interested in learning more? Please contact us or stop by, and we will help you create a customer plan to save time and money on your company’s automotive fleet.